I am not Catholic. I don’t go to confession. I try my very best to never lie to others but I lie to myself all the time. God help you if I catch you lying to me. (Ask my kids. ugh.)
JennyKate‘s Spot has a Friday Confessional. I couldn’t post a deep secret of mine last week, because I can’t promise to stop the behavior. However, I do have a few confessions (or actually, more like admissions) for this week.
- I have not read Twilight or any of the sequels. I have not seen the movie. I probably will not do either until the hoopla dies down. (Or when the library has a copy back in stock, whichever comes first.)
- I do not understand the appeal of Desperate Housewives, Sex In The City, Nip/Tuck or the Sopranos. (Sex In The City made me want to crawl in a hole.)
- Although I don’t like the girls on Wisteria Lane, when it comes to The Real Housewives of New York, I am like a rubbernecker at a car crash. (Oh, the shame.)
- I do not set a good example for my kids because I ride my bike without wearing a helmet, but will squawk like a chicken if I think they do not have theirs tightened enough.
- A friend loaned me A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and I had to slog through the first chapter and know already there is no way I can get through one more page of this sucker. I am a close-minded, flat-earther when it comes to anyone telling me I can attain a new state of consciousness. I like my current state of consciousness just fine. I don’t care what Oprah says about this book.
There. Five admissions. I’m done until next Friday.
(Oh yeah, and I would rather listen to the entire CD box set of Alvin and the Chipmunks than listen to one single note of Hangin’ Tough. I just. can’t. do. it.)