At the beginning of August, I wrote about how I found a curbside treasure (part of a crib, and a sleigh headboard and footboard) and that I got Handsome Hubby all twisty because I was hauling home more crap.
He didn’t think I could have anything done with them by the end of August.
I assured him that I would, indeed, have something fabulous created by August 31st.
Want to see what I created…?
Yep. I threw in the towel, but I did create something. I created some breathing room.
My excitement over the great lines of the headboard clouded my judgment. I had all of the ideas that were spinning around, but no time to implement any of them. Yesterday I found myself sitting in church, trying to figure out how I was going to create something in these last few days of August and still take care of my other commitments, rather than fully concentrating on the message. (I had also been thinking about how I was going to have to give HH “I told you so” rights if I couldn’t whip something up…)
Want to know what I am currently (and simultaneously) working on right now?
- re-doing and organizing the boys’ bedrooms
- painting furniture for their rooms
- painting at Rick & Jodi’s house
- working on window treatments and shower curtains at Rick & Jodi’s house
- helping Bev from Flamingo Toes & Holly from 504 Main to plan the SoCal Social
- helping to plan an event for 500 women at church
- I’m thrilled to have been invited to be a community leader for Blog Frog’s KOA Around the Campfire Community, which means I’ll be spending a bit more time online
- I publicly outed myself regarding the shameful and hazardous nature of my craft area and have to start cleaning and organizing that