As previously mentioned, I’ve found a community of women who share common interests and have made friends through their blogs.
I feel like a new kid on the block (actually, this NKOTB affinity is something I do not share with most of these ladies), and I really would like to join their baseball game. I feel a bit like Smalls, from the Sandlot, who just takes a position in the outfield (with his cheesy plastic baseball glove) and hopes someone will throw him the ball.
This morning, Shawn from SERIOUSLY threw me the ball.
Now I don’t know what to do with it.
She “tagged me” to write a list of 8 things and “tag” other bloggers so they can keep the post going. Um, I don’t think there are 8 other bloggers who know me… so I’ll do my best. I will pick women whose blogs I have been reading… knowing that they probably won’t see it, or if they do it will be like getting an invitation to a wedding in the mail and you have no. idea. who. the. hell. the couple is…
Anyway! Here goes!
- Our annual July camping trip in Markleeville, California.
- Finishing our bathroom remodel at the cabin, since right now we have an indoor outhouse (but when we finish we will have a spa-bathroom in a shack).
- Halfway through Spring Break and I am looking forward to Monday when school resumes.
- Everyone being finished with their orthodontia.
- A big hug and kiss from my honey when he comes home from work tonight.
- The economy getting better. (I’m using binoculars to look forward to that one.)
- Christmas-time (the older I get, the faster it comes around again…)
- Lunch with a girl-friend tomorrow.
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- Worked out. (yay me!!!)
- Hurt my neck while trying to see my ass in the mirror to check if it’s getting any smaller. (Or higher. I’d settle for higher.)
- Laundry. (This is not a mistake. I did so much I need to list it twice.)
- Created a new recipe the family liked. (yay me!!! Leftover chicken chili + leftover pork chops = chimichangas)
- Said “Stop fighting over it” about 50 times. (see #3 above)
- Worked on tax stuff. (yick.)
- Played in Blog-Land.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
- Be more laid back and less Type-A.
- Be waaaay more patient.
- Get all my Mom/Wife duties done and have time for crafts and pottery.
- Find where all the lost socks are.
- Give up on finding the lost socks and throw out the singles left behind.
- Make myself work-out more consistently.
- Find a church where I really feel like I have a spiritual “home”.
8 Shows I Watch
- American Idol
- Top Chef
- Project Runway
- Ugly Betty (Helllooo ABC? Where’s my show…?)
- The Soup
- CSI Miami (which I hate hate hate, but my best friend is on it)(David Caruso makes my skin crawl)
- Misc Bravo Trash (Millionaire Matchmaker, NY Housewives… shut up shut up shut up.) (If you tell anyone, I’ll deny it.)
8 People I Tag
- Xazmin at This Is The Year
- JenJen at TaterTots and Jello
- Becca at The Texas Darlings
- Sarah at ThriftyDecorChick (although I don’t expect a) that this is her cup of tea; or, b) that she will find this.)( I have a bit of a girl-crush. )
- JennyKate at Jenny Kate’s Spot
- Chris at Just A Girl
- Cindy at The Chicken Coop
- Shannon at Bless Our Nest
That was fun. Thanks, Shawn.
See you did great! Yo ure one funny chick!
Go leave all of these girls a comment letting them know you have tagged them. I know Xazmin has already been tagged but she’d love to know she was hit again!
The best way to increase your readers is to become followers of other blogs and play along as many times as you can.
You’re so funny your reader base is going to go like crazy as soon as you’re “discovered”!
OK, did it, but I felt like a total dork: “Hi, you don’t know me, but…”
Hey you! I’ve been by to visit you, I just sometimes forget to click th follow button!
You ARE funny (even if you don’t appreciat NKOTB), plus don’t feel like a dork…that’s what everyone does…none of us really “know” each other, we just find people we enjoy reading and eventually we GET to know each other!
Thanks for the tag…I may not get to it befor tomorrow, but I’m definitely looking forward to doing it!
You are soooo stinkin’ funny! And beautiful too! Lucky girl! Can’t wait to get to know you better!
Have a great night!
I’ll just second what all the other girls have said…you’re funny, and gorgeous (it should be illegal to be both). I think we’ve all felt like we’re trying to find our niche. It’ll come to you. I’ve been blogging for almost a year and I still sometimes feel a little lost. Thanks for the tag! I’ll repost ASAP. 🙂 *Gasp* I can’t believe you don’t share our love for
NKOTB! I love your lists. You were cracking me up about shrinking and lifting your hiney. LOL. Hope you have a great evening!
Love the lists! I love Bravo too! I can’t believe some of the stuff that actually comes out of those housewives mouths. You have such a cute blog!
Oh I know so much what you mean about being the new kid on the block! (not that my blog is really much to speak of at the moment) So many times I go to a blog and post a comment, then I realize they’re one of “them,” the cool kids on the playground and I just said something stupid 😛 lol But I love your blog! Keep it up 😀
Becca @ The Texas Darlings says
Vivienne! Thanks so much for tagging me! I love it and will be all over it in the morning, when my preggo brain is a little fresher!
I totally know how you feel…wanting to be “picked to play kickball”. When I first started FMM a few weeks ago, I would check my blog like a madwoman to see if I had any comments. And I’ll admit…I still do!! Love me some comments!
So thanks for the fun game…come visit me tomorrow!
Mrs. D says
Vivienne – thanks for visiting my blog! You left a few questions on my last post (vegetable lo-mein recipe) and I wanted to be sure to answer you. The spinach I used was fresh, baby spinach. I left it whole and it took about 30 seconds to get tender. Let me know if you try it! : )