As previously mentioned, I’ve found a community of women who share common interests and have made friends through their blogs.
I feel like a new kid on the block (actually, this NKOTB affinity is something I do not share with most of these ladies), and I really would like to join their baseball game. I feel a bit like Smalls, from the Sandlot, who just takes a position in the outfield (with his cheesy plastic baseball glove) and hopes someone will throw him the ball.
This morning, Shawn from SERIOUSLY threw me the ball.
Now I don’t know what to do with it.
She “tagged me” to write a list of 8 things and “tag” other bloggers so they can keep the post going. Um, I don’t think there are 8 other bloggers who know me… so I’ll do my best. I will pick women whose blogs I have been reading… knowing that they probably won’t see it, or if they do it will be like getting an invitation to a wedding in the mail and you have no. idea. who. the. hell. the couple is…
Anyway! Here goes!
- Our annual July camping trip in Markleeville, California.
- Finishing our bathroom remodel at the cabin, since right now we have an indoor outhouse (but when we finish we will have a spa-bathroom in a shack).
- Halfway through Spring Break and I am looking forward to Monday when school resumes.
- Everyone being finished with their orthodontia.
- A big hug and kiss from my honey when he comes home from work tonight.
- The economy getting better. (I’m using binoculars to look forward to that one.)
- Christmas-time (the older I get, the faster it comes around again…)
- Lunch with a girl-friend tomorrow.
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- Worked out. (yay me!!!)
- Hurt my neck while trying to see my ass in the mirror to check if it’s getting any smaller. (Or higher. I’d settle for higher.)
- Laundry. (This is not a mistake. I did so much I need to list it twice.)
- Created a new recipe the family liked. (yay me!!! Leftover chicken chili + leftover pork chops = chimichangas)
- Said “Stop fighting over it” about 50 times. (see #3 above)
- Worked on tax stuff. (yick.)
- Played in Blog-Land.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
- Be more laid back and less Type-A.
- Be waaaay more patient.
- Get all my Mom/Wife duties done and have time for crafts and pottery.
- Find where all the lost socks are.
- Give up on finding the lost socks and throw out the singles left behind.
- Make myself work-out more consistently.
- Find a church where I really feel like I have a spiritual “home”.
8 Shows I Watch
- American Idol
- Top Chef
- Project Runway
- Ugly Betty (Helllooo ABC? Where’s my show…?)
- The Soup
- CSI Miami (which I hate hate hate, but my best friend is on it)(David Caruso makes my skin crawl)
- Misc Bravo Trash (Millionaire Matchmaker, NY Housewives… shut up shut up shut up.) (If you tell anyone, I’ll deny it.)
8 People I Tag
- Xazmin at This Is The Year
- JenJen at TaterTots and Jello
- Becca at The Texas Darlings
- Sarah at ThriftyDecorChick (although I don’t expect a) that this is her cup of tea; or, b) that she will find this.)( I have a bit of a girl-crush. )
- JennyKate at Jenny Kate’s Spot
- Chris at Just A Girl
- Cindy at The Chicken Coop
- Shannon at Bless Our Nest
That was fun. Thanks, Shawn.