Fall is my favorite season of the year, and plaid is definitely one of the things I like to use to spread a little autumnal vibe throughout the house. This quick and easy holiday project is a great way to start bringing a little plaid to your home. Plaid and buffalo check fabrics are still so popular, so I made some DIY plaid wine glasses to get in the swing of the holidays. Cheers!
I change my Christmas colors every year. Last year I did black and gold, and I’ve been planning a red, black and plaid Christmas since mid January, when I received a really cute bag at a conference. (I have big plans for it.) I had a fun ornament exchange wine and cheese party, and wanted to make these glasses. They are very easy! ( This post contains affiliate links.)
Here are the supplies needed:
- plaid patterned tissue paper. (I used these copper & black and red & black tissue papers from Target, but you could also use beverage napkins)
- Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge
- inexpensive wine glasses
- foam paint brush
- X-Acto knife (for trimming, if necessary.)
This seriously could not be easier.
- Trace the bottom of the wine glass to make a circle on the tissue paper and cut it out.
- Apply the Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge to the bottom of the glass in an even layer. (Be sure to carefully read the directions on the bottle. You roll it, not shake or stir it, and it needs to cure for 28 days before it is truly dishwasher safe.)
- Carefully place your tissue paper circle, patterned side down on the Mod Podge. (You will want the patterned side to show through when the glass is upright, so the back of the tissue paper will be towards you while you work.)
- Let dry and then trim any excess with the X-Acto knife if necessary.
- Follow the directions on the Mod Podge bottle and apply additional coats as needed.
You will want to let it cure before putting them in the dishwasher, but I used mine right away and just carefully hand washed the glass.
I love how these turned out!