Parents, here are a few red flags that your 7 year old is getting into mischief.
- He is playing in his room quietly
- He asks if he can play a game on the computer
- He comes out to ask you when your birthday is
- He returns to ask when your husband’s birthday is
- He asks what our zip code is
- He questions you on the year of your birth because “that’s not an option”
Here is a red flag that YOU are about to encounter some mischief.
- You do not investigate immediately when you realize he is playing quietly.
When you finally pay attention after red flag #6 and go check on your child’s activities, don’t be surprised if you find this:
He decided to sign up for an online game service. Parent’s name? (s makes it plural right…?). He had so little information down that even had he managed to click and sign up for the $75 a year option, it wouldn’t have worked out, but still!
The moral here? Seemingly random questions from your child are not always random.