Roasted nuts? Yes, please. They are maple glazed? Oh, for sure! They have a spicy kick to them? Woot! Wait, stop the presses… there are crispy bits of BACON mixed in there too?! Oh, hellz yes!
Chances are good that you already have everything to make this tasty treat. Fry up a little bacon, add some spices and maple syrup and you have an awesome snack for game time or anytime. This would also be great for a hostess gift.
- 1 lb of bacon
- 3 cups of raw mixed nuts (you can do all of one kind, if you want.)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp of dry mustard (NOT prepared mustard)
- 1 Tbsp of fresh thyme, minced (or 1 tsp of dried thyme)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook over medium low heat, allowing the fat to slowly render. Remove when crisp and drain on paper towels
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add nuts and bacon and toss together.
- Pour maple syrup over the mixture and gently stir until coated.
- Turn out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for approx 25 minutes, stirring the nuts halfway through.
- Allow to cool and break up into pieces