On Friday I shared the menu I created for the Bunco dinner I was hosting that night. I had all of the recipes linked except for one: Chipotle-Lime Coleslaw. I promised I’d share it later.
|Great served alongside Quesadillas and Poblano Pepper & Roasted Corn Rajas|
This is super fresh and yummy!
For the dressing:
- 1 & 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (I soak it in water for about 20 minutes to mellow the flavor.)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted & salted pepitas
Because the purple cabbage has the tendency to start turning everything pink, I don’t toss the slaw ingredients with the dressing until right before I am going to serve it. Combine everything but the pepitas and toss until well coated. Sprinkle the pepitas over the top and enjoy!
By the way, this is also a great topping for hotdogs and served alongside a basic chicken sandwich for a spicy kick.